France: Sept. 9-24, 2016
France: Sept. 9 – 24, 2016
Space is limited. Only 14 seats available!
8 Day Tour from Paris to Monte Carlo
$3671 plus air fare. Current air fare to France is around $1100. Price of air fare depends on departure city and date of purchase. (Less expensive seats sell out first.)
A wonderful way to see the highlights of France in a week.
- Meet your traveling companions during a welcome dinner at a local restaurant in Paris and enjoy an orientation drive to get acquainted with the “City of Light.”
- Guided sightseeing includes a visit to Notre Dame Cathedral and a ride up to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower.
- Visit the magnificent palace and gardens of Versailles before arriving in Beaune, Burgundy, where a wine tasting at the famous Marché au Vins awaits you.
- Travel into Provence and admire the impressive Pont du Gard, enjoy a walking tour in Avignon, and stay two nights in Aix-en-Provence.
- Here, enjoy a café au lait with calissons, a traditional French confectionery. Via St. Paul de Vence, the famous artist town, arrive in Monte Carlo for your two-night-stay.
- A special excursion has been included to visit Nice, “Queen of the Riviera” and the famous Fragonard perfume factory in Èze, where you have the chance to create your own fragrance.
- A special farewell dinner has been included at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your French vacation.
Day 1Arrive in Paris, France
Welcome to Paris! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner with wine at one of Paris’ lively restaurants. Also enjoy an orientation drive to get a first impression of the “City of Light.” (D)
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Madeleine, Louvre, and Champs-Elysées. Visit magnificent NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL, and for a panoramic view, take the elevator to the second floor of the EIFFEL TOWER. You may wish to join an optional excursion to the artists’ hill of Montmartre, followed by a cruise on the beautiful Seine River. (B)
Enjoy a special visit to the magnificent PALACE AND GARDENS OF VERSAILLES. Then, enter Burgundy and arrive in Beaune, capital of the region, where a [LF] WINE TASTING awaits you at the famous Marché aux Vins wine cellar. Continue to your hotel, Le Cep, ideally located in the heart of the medieval town and just a couple of steps away from the famous Hôtel-Dieu and Notre Dame Basilica. (B)
Day 4Beaune–Pont Du Gard–Avignon–Aix-En-Provence
Stop at Pont du Gard and admire the largest remaining Roman aqueduct in France, a monumental feat of engineering completed in the year 19 BC. Continue to Avignon, a town on the Rhône River that in the 14th century became the residence of the popes. During your walking tour, take pictures of the magnificent Palace of the Popes and the famous bridge, and browse through the colorful shops that sell traditional products made in Provence, like cloth, honey, herbs, and nougat candy. Next is the pleasant town of Aix-en-Provence, where you will stay for two nights. (B,D)
Aix-en-Provence is one of France’s most elegant cities. It was the birthplace of painter Cézanne, and has always attracted artists from all over. Explore its center during your walking tour, wander through the maze of small streets and along shaded Cours Mirabeau, and [LF] enjoy a café au lait with calissons (a traditional French confectionery). Balance of the day is at leisure. (B)
Day 6Aix-En-Provence–St. Paul De Vence–Monte Carlo, Monaco
Enjoy a highlight visit to the picturesque hilltop town of St. Paul de Vence. Marvel at the many art galleries and little shops. Then, turn to the glittering Mediterranean Sea and reach the tiny country of Monaco, built on a rocky peninsula and famed for its nightlife. Capture the spirit and beauty of this magical place in your overnight surroundings situated on the Cap d’Ail harbor. You may wish to join an optional excursion to see the palace and royal church of Monaco town, and to try your luck at the Monte Carlo casino. (B)
Day 7Monte Carlo. Excursion to Nice & Èze, France
Morning at leisure to dabble in the blue Mediterranean Sea. In the afternoon, [LF] a scenic drive along the Basse Corniche brings you to Nice, “Queen of the Riviera.” Time to walk along the famous Promenade des Anglais. Then, continue to Èze along the Moyenne Corniche with spectacular views. Here, enjoy a unique highlight: visit the famous Fragonard perfume factory and CREATE YOUR OWN FRAGRANCE before joining a special farewell dinner with wine at a local restaurant to celebrate the success of your vacation. (B,D)
Day 8Monte Carlo
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Nice). (B)
A special welcome dinner at a local restaurant and orientation drive; guided sightseeing, visit Notre Dame Cathedral, ascend the Eiffel Tower
Visit the palace and gardens
[LF] Burgundy wine tasting at Marché aux Vins wine cellar
PONT DU GARD
Take pictures of the Roman aqueduct
Walking tour, take pictures of the Palace of the Popes
Walking tour; [LF] enjoy a café au lait with calissons
ST. PAUL DE VENCE
[LF] Drive along the Basse and Moyenne Corniches; visit Nice; in Èze, visit a perfume factory and create your own fragrance; and a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant
Headsets throughout the tour
- For operational reasons, slight schedule changes to the Paris program cannot be excluded.
- May 17 Departure–will overnight in an alternative location in Monte Carlo.
Full buffet breakfast daily; 3 three-course dinners with wine, including a special welcome dinner in Paris and a special farewell dinner in Èze
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Transfers from the airport to the hotel upon arrival at the beginning of the trip*
Transfers from the hotel to the airport at the end of the trip*
Superior first class hotel accommodations throughout the trip
Porterage and hotel taxes and fees
Baggage handling at each hotel stop
Professional Tour Director throughout the trip
VIP admissions to popular sites – no waiting in line, admission included
Motor coach transportation throughout the tour
Full buffet breakfast daily
Special Welcome Dinner with wine at a restaurant in Paris
Special Farewell Dinner with wine at a restaurant in Monte Carlo
Favorite Activities – experiences to help you become immersed in the local flavor and lifestyle
Headsets for sightseeing tours
Complimentary Wi-Fi on motor coach and at most hotels
*If air fare is purchased with the tour
*Per Person, Double Occupancy, two to a room. Land portion. Price of air fare may vary depending on departure city and when air fare is purchased.
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Group-oriented 12-story hotel on the Left Bank – Near the Eiffel Tower and Champ-de-Mars train station.
Small Hotel in restored 16th-century townhouse with inner courtyard & garden situated in historic section of town.
Aix en Provence
Contemporary design Hotel in the city center, just steps away from theaters and historic neighborhood.
Marriott Riviera La Porte de Monaco
Mediterranean and contemporary style in bar, lobby. Nautical style for rooms – Border of Monaco.
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single room supplement:
No triple room reduction.
Extra nights per person in Paris:
in single room $385, in twin $202, in triple $202
Extra nights per person in Monte Carlo:
in single room $315, in twin $169, in triple $120
Call Travelers Lane at 314.223.1224 to Book
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and the tour company(ies) and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per vacation is required to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- Charges not included in the land vacation price: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; applicable cruise taxes, fees, fares and port charges; passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships’ crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); additional excursions and activities not listed as ‘included’ in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations; Travel Protection premiums; and all other items of a personal nature.Booking your Vacation with Air For air departure dates within 331 days, you’ll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $50 per person for International air). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and the tour company has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees Air inclusive price quotes will include all government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit http://www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. The total airfare price, the base airfare price, and the applicable government taxes and fees are broken-out line-by-line and shown while booking online and on the invoice after your travel is booked. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.