Germany: from $*
11 Day Tour — Tour departs year round.
*MRTA Member Price. BAsed on double occupancy – two people to a room. Air fare is additional but can be arranged for you.
2016 Vacation Details
Please note the below vacation overview, map, day-by-day itinerary, highlights, meals, accommodation information and optional excursions are from 2016 and are subject to change. 2017 vacation details and information will be available in the Fall.
Germany is a country filled with spectacular scenery, medieval towns, fairytale castles, a fascinating history, fun oompah music, and world-class beer.
- On this Germany tour, you’ll see Germany’s highlights and visit its most famous cities, as well as its medieval towns and scenic areas.
- Your vacation begins and ends in Frankfurt with overnights also in Düsseldorf, Berlin, Nuremberg, Munich, Oberammergau, and the Black Forest.
- You’ll visit the must-see attractions in each city, including the famous gothic cathedral in Cologne, with its twin-steepled towers, and the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church in Berlin, badly damaged during the war and today a symbol of reconciliation.
- Magnificent scenery also awaits you on this Germany vacation.
- Enjoy a cruise along the most scenic section of the Rhine River, with castle-crested hills, terraced vineyards, and pretty wine towns.
- Join the Romantic Road with its charming villages, cobblestone streets, walled cities, and scenic countryside, and stop in Rothenburg, a walled town that has retained its medieval character.
- Visit King Ludwig II’s Neuschwanstein Castle, nestled high in the Alps.
- Drive on the panoramic German Alpine Road to beautiful Lake Constance, Europe’s largest freshwater reservoir, and to the charming island of Lindau.
- Enjoy Germany’s lush Black Forest region, where you’ll learn about the art of woodcarving and enjoy coffee and Black Forest Cake—a special experience included by Globus.
- A tour to Germany would not be complete without sampling the local cuisine and beer.
- That’s why Globus has included a beer at a famous brewery in Cologne, founded over 100 years ago.
- Bratwurst has been a tradition in Nuremberg for many centuries, and Globus has included dinner at a local Nuremberg restaurant to taste the traditional Nürnberger Bratwürste.From the beautiful scenery and exciting cities to the traditional food and wonderful beer, this Germany tour has it all!
*Prices based on double room occupancy. Air fare is additional.
Four Ways Globus Eliminates the Hassles
Skip the lines and get special treatment at the must-see attractions.
We’ve done the work to find just the right hotels in just the right locations.
Take your heads out of the guidebook and let expert guides make every destination fascinating.
Leave the navigating to us – and just sit back and enjoy the ride. Learn how Globus is reducing transportation-related energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
This is a very special trip focusing on Martin Luther. Start in Berlin, visit the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and take pictures of the Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial. In Wittenberg, visit the Luther House and Museum, and the Melanchthon House. Continue to Leipzig, and visit the Thomaskirche, where J.S. Bach worked. Also included are visits to Luther’s birthplace, Eisleben; the Augustinian Monastery in Erfurt; Eisenach, to visit Wartburg Castle, where Luther translated the Bible; Coburg Fortress, and Worms, where the Imperial Council passed judgement on Luther in 1521. Visit the cathedral where Luther presented his case, the Trinity Church and the famed Reformation Monument. In Mainz, a romantic Rhine Cruise is included in the prettiest part of the Rhine Valley. Two exclusive stops make this customized tour unique: HESSENPARK, an open-air museum, and SAALBURG, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next is the medieval walled town of Rothenburg, famous for its Christmas ornaments. End in Munich and visit Marienplatz with its Old and New Town Halls. An optional excursion to King Ludwig’s Linderhof Castle and the Passion Play town of Oberammergau is available. In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel.
Day 1Arrive in Frankfurt, Germany
Time to rest or to start exploring the bustling metropolis on the Main River. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a special welcome dinner at Schwarzer Stern restaurant.
A special treat at the very start of your journey through Germany is a romantic RHINE CRUISE along the most scenic section of the Rhine River, with castle-crested hills, terraced vineyards, pretty wine towns, and the Lorelei rock. Disembark and drive to Cologne to visit the awesome gothic CATHEDRAL. Its twin 515-foot towers, five naves, splendid stained-glass windows, and the shrine of the Three Holy Kings are eloquent testimony to the quality of medieval engineering and craftsmanship. Afterwards, enjoy a beer at the Cölner Hofbräu Früh, one of Cologne’s famous breweries. Continue to charming Düsseldorf, the capital of North Rhine-Westphalia, for your overnight stay.
Ride the EUROCITY TRAIN to Berlin, capital of reunited Germany, where sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the elegant Ku’damm, the restored Reichstag, Charlottenburg Palace, a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial, and the 210-foot Victory Column in the vast Tiergarten park. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH with its bomb-damaged tower, drive along Unter den Linden boulevard, and pass the State Opera House and Checkpoint Charlie.
Day 4At Leisure in Berlin
A full day at leisure gives you a chance to join one of our exciting optional excursions, like to nearby Potsdam.
On your way south through what used to be the “other” Germany, visit Leipzig, an important center since the Middle Ages. See the Thomaskirche, where J.S. Bach worked, and the Market Square with its fine renaissance buildings. Continue to Nuremberg, the town of children’s toys and gingerbread. Admire the impressive medieval ramparts and walk through the pedestrian area of the charming Old Town to St. Sebald Church, painstakingly reconstructed as a monument to peace from the rubble of near-total wartime destruction, and admire the Schöner Brunnen, a 14th-century fountain dedicated to the Holy Roman Empire. It is said that it brings good luck to spin the two brass rings. Then, have dinner at Bratwurst Röslein restaurant to taste the traditional Nürnberger Bratwürste.
Join the Romantic Road and arrive in medieval Rothenburg with its ramparts and towers, cobblestone lanes, and 16th-century houses. Hear how the town survived the Thirty Years’ War, and shop for Christmas ornaments, for which this pretty town is famous. Next is the Bavarian capital, Munich. Tonight, you may wish to join an exciting optional dinner outing.
Sightseeing with a Local Guide of Germany’s “Secret Capital” features the Olympic Stadium, built for the 1972 Olympics; the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower; and Königsplatz, used for Nazi rallies during World War II. Drive along the Ludwigstrasse, and see the Bavarian Arch of Triumph and Field Marshall Hall. Also visit lively MARIENPLATZ with the Old and the New Town Halls and the gothic Frauenkirche. In the late afternoon, drive to the romantic Passion Play town of Oberammergau, where you will stay for the next two nights.
Day 8At Leisure in Oberammergau
A full day at leisure. Choose from our optional excursions to make the most of your stay in this romantic area.
Day 9Oberammergau–Neuschwanstein–Lindau–Black Forest
Start today with a visit to King Ludwig’s magnificent NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE, which inspired Walt Disney. Follow your Local Guide through this fairytale castle on its craggy outcrop high above a sparkling lake. Then, continue along the panoramic German Alpine Road to the sunny northern shore of Lake Constance, Europe’s largest freshwater reservoir. Visit the charming island of Lindau, then continue west and visit the baroque CHURCH at Birnau. Enter the lush Black Forest and enjoy an overnight stay at the family-owned Hofgut Sternen hotel.
Day 10Black Forest–Heidelberg–Frankfurt
This morning, drive deeper into the Black Forest, then stop for a WOODCARVING DEMONSTRATION and Kaffee und Schwarzwaldkuchen (coffee and Black Forest Cake). Arrive in Heidelberg, Germany’s oldest university town, of Student Prince fame. Time to stroll around in the Old Town, then ride the FUNICULAR up the hill and visit the red-walled CASTLE where the GREAT VAT, a 58,000-gallon 18th-century wine cask, attracts particular attention. Return to Frankfurt, where a farewell dinner with wine has been prepared to say auf Wiedersehen!
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
A special welcome dinner at Schwarzer Stern restaurant and a farewell dinner
Visit the cathedral; [LF] enjoy a beer at the Cölner Hofbräu Früh
By high-speed first-class Eurocity train
Guided sightseeing, take pictures of Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial, visit Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
Orientation including Bach’s Thomaskirche
Walking tour including the Old Town; [LF] a special dinner at Bratwurst Röslein restaurant
Walking tour of the walled town
Guided sightseeing, visit Marienplatz
Stay two nights in the Passion Play Village
Guided visit of King Ludwig’s castle
Visit the island on Lake Constance
Visit the baroque church
[LF] Special welcome and overnight stay in family-owned hotel; [LF] a woodcarving demonstration and Kaffee und Schwarzwaldkuchen
Walking tour of the Old Town; ride the funicular and visit the castle
Headsets throughout the tour
Full buffet breakfast; 6 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Berlin and a farewell dinner in Munich
Contemporary 14-story Hotel with glass & concrete facade, set in an office park on landscaped grounds; 7 km to airport.
Leonardo Royal Hotel Dusseldorf Konigsallee
The hotel offers indoor pool, sauna and 253 rooms featuring several facilities such as flat-screen TVs and soundproof windows.
Arcotel John F
Right in the heart of the capital city, located at its trendy cultural district of “Berlin-Mitte”, welcomes you the design hotel ARCOTEL John F Berlin – an ideal starting point for city and business trips. The 4-star-superior-hotel is centrally located between the famous Museumsinsel and Gendarmenmarkt, directly at the “Quartier am Auswärtigen Amt”, with walking distance to the famous Friedrichstrasse and the “Unter den Linden” boulevard.
NH Collection Nuernberg City
Located in the heart of Nuremberg, this 244-room property has a striking modern design and offers a Free Wi-Fi connection throughout. The restaurant serves regional and Mediterranean food with a summer terrace for al fresco drinks and dining, other amenities include a contemporary bar and Gym with sauna and steam room.
Six story, pleasant hotel with multilingual staff; modern facilities; located ten minutes from the city center.
Holiday Inn Munich City Centre
Multistory Hotel housed within office/apartment & showroom complex in city center near Deutsches Museum.
Two story, small family run hotel offering comfortable accommodations; restaurant & bar; situated 2 km from the railway station
Best Western Hofgut Sternen
A comfortable hotel in typical Black Forest style, situated in a quiet park area within easy access from the B31 between Freiburg and Titisee. Nearby are mountain bike rentals, Black Forest cuckoo clock and glassblower’s workshop with gift shop and St. Oswald’s chapel, the oldest chapel of the Higher Black Forest.
Prices based on double room occupancy. Air fare is additional.
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single room supplement:
Triple room reduction per person:
Extra nights per person in Frankfurt:
in single room $118-$178, in twin $87-$145, in triple $85-$142
2017 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2016.
*Indicates that this departure and vacation is available for 2017 early booking. All tours will be open for 2017 bookings in the Fall of 2016. Vacation upgrades and/or additions will not be available for early booking, as well as, any extra pre- or post-night pricing until the Fall of 2016. With the exception of Journeys Club discounts, future travel promotions are not applicable and are not retroactive on early bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Applies to new 2017 bookings only. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
Single Supplement and Triple Reduction pricing listed above is for 2016 only. For 2017 departures, select “RESERVE NOW” to receive the 2017 price.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
View full Terms & Conditions
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship’s crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you’ll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit http://www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.