Peru with Galapagos Cruise:
Peru with Galápagos Cruise
13 Day Tour from Lima to Gauyaquil
* Air fare is additional and includes intra-air fare.
*Double occupancy; Air fare may vary depending on departure city and when booked.
From its amazing archaeological treasures to its gastronomic delights and from its rich history to its melting pot of cultures, Peru offers visitors a wide array of attractions—and on this tour, you’ll experience its highlights.
- Lima is a cosmopolitan city steeped in history with pre-Columbian ruins, Spanish colonial buildings, and remnants of colonial mansions with lavish, Moorish-style balconies.
- On your sightseeing tour, you’ll see many of its famous sights, including the San Francisco Monastery.
- High in the Andes Mountains, Cusco is the oldest continuously inhabited city in South America and is sure to please history buffs.
- Learn about the Incas’ struggles with the invading Spaniards on your tour of Cusco and visit the Temple of Sacsayhuaman, built in the early 12th century with some stones weighing more than 350 tons.
- Try to figure out how it was built so precisely without the help of modern machinery and technology!
- Of course, no vacation to Peru is complete without visiting Machu Picchu.
- Built around 1450 at the height of the Inca Empire, Machu Picchu is located in a gorgeous mountain setting above the Urubamba Valley. Stand in awe as you witness it. It is one of the most majestic images in South America, if not the world!
- Not only will you visit the must-see sights, you’ll also have an opportunity to learn about Peruvian life.
- Experience a Mother Earth ceremony performed by a local shaman.
- These ceremonies thanking Mother Earth and asking for good health and safe travels have been practiced in Peru since before the arrival of the Incas.
- You’ll also stop at a local Peruvian food market and visit a home to meet some of the locals and experience their way of life.
- Conclude your vacation by cruising through the Galápagos Islands, where you will witness blue-footed boobies, frigatebirds, sea lions, land iguanas, and much more.
- For even more spectacular beauty and fun, you can swim or snorkel in search of sea life such as octopus, sea horses, and starfish.
- Afterward, spend time in Quito, where a sightseeing tour shows you its highlights—a perfect conclusion to an amazing adventure!
|Day 1 Arrive in Lima, PeruArrive in Lima, where you will be met by your Tour Director.|
|Day 2 LimaThis afternoon, your Local Guide focuses on the city’s colonial heritage during a walking TOUR. Start at the Plaza de Armas to see the Government Palace and the cathedral. From here, stroll to the venerable SAN FRANCISCO MONASTERY with its splendid 17th-century cloister murals. For a special treat, stop at a [LF] LOCAL PERUVIAN FOOD MARKET to get a real taste of life for the local people. This evening, enjoy a welcome dinner at one of Lima’s Peruvian restaurants with your fellow traveling companions. (B,D)|
|Day 3 Lima–Cusco–Sacred ValleyFly to Cusco, the impressive Andean city that was once the capital of the Inca Empire. Spend the day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, starting with a visit to the TEMPLE OF SACSAYHUAMAN, perched on a hillside overlooking Cusco. It remains unfathomable how and when this fortress of gigantic stones—with some blocks weighing more than 350 tons—was built. While at the ruins, experience an [LF] El Pago a la Tierra, or MOTHER EARTH CEREMONY, performed by a local shaman. These ceremonies thanking Mother Earth and asking for good health and safe travels have been practiced in Peru since before the arrival of the Incas. Next, stop at the semi-circular KENKO Amphitheater with its stone altars and labyrinth of passages. See the ancient site of Puca Pucara before continuing to PISAC, an old mountain village where you will have free time to shop its famous market for local wares such as alpaca sweaters and blankets, jewelry, or hand-painted ornamental dishes and vases. Stay in the Sacred Valley tonight, and enjoy a special dinner outing with a PERUVIAN PASO HORSE SHOW. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4 Sacred Valley–Machu PicchuThis morning, visit the Inca Fortress of OLLANTAYTAMBO, followed by the opportunity to visit a [LF] HOME, meet some of the locals, and experience their way of life. Next, board the Vistadome TRAIN for a short journey through the lush Urubamba Valley. Then, transfer to a motorcoach for the ascent to legendary MACHU PICCHU, the “Lost City of the Incas,” high above the steep valley overlaid with dense tropical jungle. Your Local Guide will bring you closer to the lives and mysteries still hidden in these amazing structures built by the pre-Columbian masters of this sacred land. Tonight, stay at a nearby hotel. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5 Machu Picchu–CuscoYour entrance to MACHU PICCHU is included for a second day. Enjoy the tranquility of the morning, with free time to wander the ruins at your own pace and experience the magic that is Machu Picchu. After lunch, return to the Sacred Valley by TRAIN and continue on to Cusco. (B,L)|
|Day 6 CuscoThis morning, learn more about the Incas and their struggle against invading Spaniards on your Cusco city TOUR, with visits to the imposing CATHEDRAL and the SANTO DOMINGO MONASTERY. The remainder of your day is free to explore at your leisure. Tonight, enjoy a special farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7 Cusco–Lima–Quito, EcuadorFly to Quito, where the remainder of the day is at leisure. (B)|
|Day 8 QuitoOn a city tour, see INDEPENDENCE SQUARE with its CATHEDRAL and SAN FRANCISCO PLAZA CHURCH, and the BASILICA. (B)|
|Day 9 Quito–Baltra–Santa Cruz (Embarkation)–CruisingFly to Baltra and transfer to SANTA CRUZ Island and the highlands. While here, visit a private FARM where giant tortoises are found in their natural habitat. You can also explore lava tubes and pit craters. Board the Galápagos Legend for your 3-night CRUISE. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10 Cruising: Santiago & Bartolomé IslandsWake up at SANTIAGO and Puerto Egas, once a buccaneer supply base. Watch for yellow-crowned night herons, Darwin’s finches, iguanas, and Sally Lightfoot crabs. Encounter a Galápagos fur seal grotto, one of the few places in the archipelago where fur seals can be seen. From here you can swim and snorkel in search of octopus, sea horses, starfish, and other sea life. After lunch on board, visit BARTOLOMÉ to discover a fascinating moonscape formed by volcanic parasitic cones. Take a hike to the summit for impressive views of the surrounding islands. Bartolomé offers some of the best snorkeling in the archipelago, thanks to clear waters and abundant sea life. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11 Cruising: Santa Cruz & North Seymour IslandsBack at SANTA CRUZ, walk by a brackish lagoon where feeding flamingos are often found. Climb DRAGON HILL, an important nesting ground for endemic land iguanas, offering lovely views of the neighboring islands. The forest is home to mockingbirds, Darwin’s finches, yellow warblers, and Galápagos doves. At NORTH SEYMOUR, walk amid large nesting colonies of blue-footed boobies, magnificent and great frigatebirds, and swallow-tailed gulls for an in-depth encounter with sea bird breeding cycles. You will also encounter sea lions and land iguanas. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12 Cruising: Baltra (Disembarkation)–GuayaquilAfter breakfast, fly to Guayaquil, where the remainder of the day is at leisure. (B)|
|Day 13 GuayaquilYour tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Sightseeing with a Local Guide; visit San Francisco Monastery; visit a [LF] local Peruvian food market; welcome dinner at a local Peruvian restaurant
Visit the Kenko Amphitheater, the Temple of Sacsayhuaman, Ollantaytambo, and Pisac; [LF] visit a local home for a glimpse into rural Peruvian life; [LF] Mother Earth Ceremony with a shaman; dinner and Peruvian Paso Horse Show
Take the Vistadome train through the Urubamba Valley; sightseeing with a Local Guide and a second entrance to the ruins on your second day in Machu Picchu
Sightseeing with a Local Guide; visit the cathedral and the Santo Domingo Monastery; farewell dinner
Sightseeing in Quito; 3-night Galápagos Islands cruise
Headsets throughout the tour
- Participation in this tour requires guest’s name exactly as it appears on his/her passport, D.O.B., gender, and nationality at the time of booking.
Breakfast daily, 6 lunches, 7 three-course dinners including a welcome dinner in Lima and a farewell dinner in Cusco
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Transfers from the airport to the hotel upon arrival at the beginning of the trip*
Transfers from the hotel to the airport at the end of the trip*
Superior first class hotel accommodations throughout the trip
Porterage and hotel taxes and fees
Baggage handling at each hotel stop
Professional Tour Director throughout the trip
VIP admissions to popular sites – no waiting in line, admission included
Motor coach transportation throughout the tour
Full buffet breakfast daily
Special Welcome Dinner at a restaurant in Lima
Special Farewell Dinner at a restaurant in Cusco
Favorite Activities – experiences to help you become immersed in the local flavor and lifestyle
*If air fare is purchased with the tour
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and the tour company(ies) and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per vacation is required to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- Charges not included in the land vacation price: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; applicable cruise taxes, fees, fares and port charges; passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships’ crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); additional excursions and activities not listed as ‘included’ in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations; Travel Protection premiums; and all other items of a personal nature.Booking your Vacation with Air For air departure dates within 331 days, you’ll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $50 per person for International air). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and the tour company has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees Air inclusive price quotes will include all government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit http://www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. The total airfare price, the base airfare price, and the applicable government taxes and fees are broken-out line-by-line and shown while booking online and on the invoice after your travel is booked. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.