Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark
*Based on double occupancy (two to a room). Seats are limited. Air fare is not included in price but is available for purchase.
Prices and specials quoted are current as of the date provided by the travel supplier. Please contact Travelers Lane for the most up-to-date information. 314-223-1224. Thank you.
Please call 314.223.1224 to complete your reservation.
Add an extra day in Copenhagen!
Add an extra day in Oslo!
Stunning scenery, cultural treasures, exciting cities, and fun experiences await you on this Scandinavia tour through Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- Your tour begins in Copenhagen and ends in Oslo.
- You stay overnight in Arhus, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Falun, Lillehammer, Flam, Bergen, and Geilo.
- Guided sightseeing in the cities includes Copenhagen’s Little Mermaid statue.
- You will visit Tivoli Gardens, the world’s second-oldest amusement park.
- See Stockholm’s City Hall, where the annual Noble Prize banquet is held
- Tour Lillehammer’s Maihaugen Open-Air Museum, where you’ll learn about life in Norway over the past 500 years through a re-created rural town.
- Visit Oslo’s Frogner Park, with Gustav Vigeland’s 200+ bronze and granite sculptures.
- You’ll also visit Hans Christian Andersen’s childhood home in Odense.
- See the Uppsala cathedral, where several coronations of Swedish monarchs took place.
- Tour the Torpo’s stave church, a wooden church erected in 1160; and more.
- No Scandinavia tour would be complete without seeing some of Scandinavia’s spectacular scenery. You’ll drive through Sweden’s scenic Värmland, home to 10,000 lakes dotting the forested landscape.
- You’ll cruise on spectacular Sognefjord, Norway’s longest fjord, and Nærøyfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- You’ll witness Vøringfoss, Norway’s mightiest waterfall with water thundering down a 475-feet sheer drop.
- You’ll enjoy a ferry crossing from Denmark to Sweden; and much more.
- We have also arranged some unique experiences for you. You’ll visit a Norwegian family farm and meet the family that has owned it for eight generations. While you taste their apple cider, they’ll tell you about their history and how cider is made.
- Be sure you bring your camera because we have included another special experience…a drive through Norway’s beautiful landscapes to Stalheim, where you’ll witness a dazzling panoramic view over Nærøydal Canyon and enjoy coffee with a pastry.From the stunning scenery to the vibrant cities, this tour through Scandinavia will delight all of your senses!
Day 1Arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark
Welcome to Copenhagen! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Church of Our Savior and the Stock Exchange on the way to Christiansborg Palace, where you visit the elegant ROYAL RECEPTION ROOMS. Drive past the National Museum and the Royal Theater, and stop for pictures of Amalienborg Palace and at the LITTLE MERMAID statue. In the afternoon, exciting optional excursions are available. Tonight, visit TIVOLI GARDENS, the city’s colorful amusement park. (B)
Drive across one of the world’s largest suspension bridges, constructed off-shore to the fairytale island of Funen. Visit HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN’S HOME at Odense, then cross the Little Belt waterway to Jutland. Arrive in Arhus and visit DEN GAMLE BY, a fascinating collection of completely furnished old Danish town houses. [LF] A special dinner with wine awaits you this evening at a local restaurant to try out local specialties. (B,D)
Day 4Arhus–Gothenburg, Sweden
From the naval town of Frederikshavn, cross beautiful Kattegat by FERRY to Sweden’s largest port city, Gothenburg. See its landmarks during an orientation drive and enjoy time on your own in this charming city. (B,D)
Drive through the “breadbasket” of the country, miles of fertile farmland strewn with tidy farms, followed by industrial towns like Huskvarna and Norköping, a major Baltic seaport. Arrive in Stockholm, scene of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium. (B)
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Royal Palace, Riddarholm Church, and the blue and gold chambers in the CITY HALL, where the annual Nobel Prize banquet is held. Choose from our exciting optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)
Arrive in Uppsala, seat of the Archbishop of the Church of Sweden, and visit its CATHEDRAL, where several coronations of Swedish monarchs took place. The cathedral dates back to the late 13th century and was built in French-Gothic style. Continue to Falun in Dalarna County, famous in the past for copper mining, for your overnight stay. (B,D)
Day 8Falun–Lillehammer, Norway
A scenic day! Drive through Värmland, the area so beautifully described in Selma Lagerlöf’s Gösta Berlings Saga, to the Norwegian border. Pass strategic Elverum, rebuilt after total destruction during World War II. On via Lake Mjøsa to Lillehammer. Enjoy a guided visit of the fascinating MAIHAUGEN OPEN-AIR MUSEUM. (B,D)
Majestic mountains, dark-pine forests, sparkling lakes, and silvery trout streams abound on your leisurely journey today. Before arriving in Flam, stop for pictures at Borgund’s stave church, famous for its beautiful exterior. Later, you may wish to join an exciting optional Flam train ride. (B,D)
Embark at Flam for a leisurely CRUISE on the spectacular Sognefjord and Nærøyfjord. Land at Gudvangen and drive to Stalheim. Here, [LF] a dazzling panoramic view over Nærøydal Canyon and coffee with a pastry awaits you. Early afternoon arrival in picturesque Bergen, the most characteristic of all Scandinavian towns. On your orientation tour you will hear about its 11th-century origins and its association with the Hanseatic League. Visit the colorful fish market, and stroll through the narrow lanes of ancient Bryggen. (B)
[LF] Meet the family that has owned the Steinstø farm for eight generations. While you taste their APPLE CIDER, they will tell you all about their history and how cider is made. Cross the Hardanger bridge before climbing up to Vøringfoss, Norway’s most celebrated and mightiest waterfall, and continue across the Hardangervidda mountain plateau to the ski resort of Geilo. (B,D)
In Torpo, admire a STAVE CHURCH, symbol of Norwegian heritage. Continue along the scenic road between the Steinsfjord and the ice-blue Tyrifjord and arrive in Oslo. (B)
Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, Parliament, and the Royal Palace. Highlight visits: FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland’s famous stark sculptures and the ornate CITY HALL. The afternoon is free, with a chance to join an optional excursion to the relics of a glorious seafaring past. Tonight, enjoy a special farewell dinner with wine at your hotel. (B,D)
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit the Royal Reception Rooms in Christiansborg Palace; the Little Mermaid, Tivoli Gardens
Visit Hans Christian Andersen’s home
Visit Den Gamle By; [LF] a special dinner at a local restaurant
Guided sightseeing, visit City Hall
[LF] Guided visit
Guided walking tour of the Maihaugen Open-Air Museum
Take pictures of the stave church
SOGNEFJORD & NAERØYFJORD
[LF] Panoramic view, enjoy coffee and pastry
[LF] Enjoy apple cider at a local farm
Visit a stave church
Guided sightseeing, walk through Frogner Park and visit City Hall; farewell dinner
Headsets throughout the tour
Full Scandinavian breakfast daily; 7 three-course dinners with wine, including a welcome dinner in Copenhagen, a special dinner in Arhus, and a farewell dinner in Oslo
Radisson Blu Scandinavia
26-story Hotel situated 1 km from Tivoli Gardens & Central station.
Scandic Aarhus City
This hotel is centrally located in Aarhus, within walking distance of shops and sights. Visit Aarhus’ Old Town and the AroS art museum with its famous Rainbow panorama. Find Aarhus’ popular pedestrian street, “Stroget”, with its shops and department stores such as Magasin du Nord and Salling, just outside the hotel.
A modern, centrally located 456 room property offering Free Wi-Fi internet access, a Scandinavian inspired restaurant and bar and leisure facilities including an indoor pool with relaxtion area, sauna and gym.
Radisson Blu Waterfront
Each of the hotel’s 414 modern rooms boast comfortable elegant interiors by RPW Design. Guests enjoy dining in the on-site restaurant and bar.
Clarion Hotel Plaza
Clarion Hotel Plaza is a full-service hotel conveniently situated in the center of Karlstad. The hotel has 131 rooms and has a restaurant and a bar. The relaxation area includes a Jacuzzi and panorama sauna located on the top floor with a magnificent view of the roof ridges of Karlstad.
Radisson Blu Lillehammer Hotel
Traditional Holiday & Conference Hotel set in 8-acre private park, near ski & riding schools, chairlift & Maihaugen Museum.
Four-story Hotel located at scenic Aurlandfjord (a branch of the Sognefjord) with mountain backdrop.
First Hotel Marin
First Hotel Marin is a classic hotel situated very centrally in Bergen. The hotel is located at the famous “Bryggen” in Bergen which is on UNESCOs world-heritage list. Marin holds 152 well equipped rooms.
Renowned for its grandeur; somewhat of a landmark; a large property built of wood in the style of a traditional Swiss mountain hotel.
Clarion Royal Christiania
This modern, sophisticated property is centrally located with excellent facilities including an indoor swimming pool, steam bath & sauna, an atrium restaurant and lobby bar. There is a tram stop directly outside the hotel, ideal for discovering the parks, museums and galleries of Scandinavia’s oldest capital city.
Prices based on double room occupancy. Air fare is additional.
Single room supplement:
Triple room reduction per person:
Extra nights per person in Copenhagen:
in single room $206, in twin $128, in triple $118
Extra nights per person in Oslo:
in single room $157, in twin $103, in triple $91
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by the tour company, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and the tour company, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
View full Terms & Conditions
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for the tour company to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $10 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $3.70 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, the Tour Company Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship’s crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted tour company menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you’ll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). The tour company offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by the tour company in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable service fee ($30 per person for North America, $80 per person for South Pacific and $50 per person for all other destinations). Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and the tour company has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air inclusive price quotes will include all government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit http://www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. The total airfare price, the base airfare price, and the applicable government taxes and fees are broken-out line-by-line and shown while booking online and on the invoice after your travel is booked. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.